Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP) is one of the many activities Gamaliel Elementary offers. The STLP uses technology to do many things each day. The STLP specializes in troubleshooting, installation of software, powerpoint and other programs. They use digital cameras and work with the pictures to capture teaching and learning. The STLP teaches their peers about technology in a variety of ways. The STLP at G.E.S. helps teachers and students use technology.
For more information on STLP click here.
The Mission of the Student Technology Leadership Program (STLP™) is to advance individual capabilities; to motivate all students; and to create leadership opportunities through the use of technology.
STLP™ 6 Goals
1. The S.T.L.P will develop activities which enhance the academic, social and emotional growth of the student.
2. The S.T.L.P. will provide leadership opportunities for all students.
3. The S.T.L.P. will experience multi-age collaboration by forming innovative learning partnerships.
4. The S.T.L.P. will form learning partnerships between students with different technology skills.
Student Technology Leaders will learn new technology skills.
Student Technology Leaders will share technology expertise with other members.
Student Technology Leaders projects will consist of 4 role groups (starter, trainer, liaison, and provider).
5. The S.T.L.P. will develop activities which benefit communities.
Coordinators and Student Technology Leaders will form partnerships with business, industry, and community agencies.
The S.T.L.P. will develop and initiate activities which benefit the local community, region, and the state.
6. The S.T.L.P. will develop instructional activities which integrates technology and benefits the school and support KETS (Kentucky Education Technology System)
Coordinators and Student Technology Leaders will assist with the implementation of technology integration in the school.