Gamaliel Elementary has developed its first ever PRIDE Club. PRIDE “Personal Responsibility in a Desirable Environment” is the sponsor of the club. We were able to create this club after applying for and receiving a PRIDE education grant. We have a total of seventy student members in our club from third, fourth, and fifth grades. Mrs. Donna Sue Johnson and Mrs. Ellen Tandy are the PRIDE Club Coordinators. PRIDE Club meetings will take place on Friday afternoons, most of which will alternate between the third, fourth, and fifth grade members.
Our goals for the PRIDE Club include:
- The PRIDE Club will raise awareness of environmental issues.
- The PRIDE Club will promote a personal responsibility for our environment.
- The PRIDE Club will help our environment through the participation of environmentally sound projects.
- The PRIDE Club will enhance our school environment by planting native plants at our outdoor classroom.
- The PRIDE Club will create a butterfly garden, for all students to utilize in environmental learning.
We believe that by taking personal responsibility for our environment, we will be able to be active, hands-on contributors to making our world a better place to live. This year, we have already planted shrubs, cleaned up the Outdoor Classroom, and picked up over 100 bags of garbage near our school. If you are interested in learning more about our PRIDE Club, please contact GES at 270-457-2341.