Goals for the G.E.S. School Base Council:
1. To continue to develop a more effective learning environment for all students.
2. To continously create, review, and update policies and by-laws to directly tie with School Improvement Plan.
3. To provide as much guidance, assistance, and support as possible to help meet our schoolwide goal of 72% proficient and distinguished.
4. To conduct an Implementation Impact of the 2013-2014 GES Comprehensive School Improvement Plan and ensure that each goal is being followed to the greatest level possible.
5. To analyze the 2013-2014 K-Prep scores, with the help of all staff members, to determine areas that need immediate attention and improvement.
6. To further improve our public relations program, utilizing the Channel 16 broadcast, the GES Newsletter, the GES Website, by placing the GES newsletter in doctor and dentist offices, and special school events section of our local papers in order to involve more parents and the community in our school.
7. To continue to follow our updated GES Crisis Manual and review with faculty and staff members while ensuring that it is in accordance with the district safety plan.
8. To implement effective teaching strategies, including Thoughtful Ed strategies, that are used to “positively impact student learning in a measurable way over a long period of time.”
9. To assure that Core Content and Program of Studies are taught as effectively as possible.
10. To help reduce barriers of student learning through student support services such as Family Resource, Migrant, etc. . ..
11. To ensure that students are educated through a variety of technology, such as Turning Point Assessment Devices, Promethean Boards, United Streaming, Brain Pop, Success Maker, and the Student Technology Leadership Program, as well as classroom instruction.
12. To implement Reading and Math Recovery while targeting 1st and 2nd grade students. "Reading and Math performance at grade level must become a reality."
13. To implement Learning Checks at all grade levels to better determine how students are performing and identify those below grade level, who will be provided extra assistance. Ensure that Open-Response, On Demand and other writing skills are taught, and much improvement is made.
14. To ensure that staff continues developing connections with students by showing special interest in each individual child.
15. To analyze student work, learning check data, classroom test data, and Kentucky Performance Report data, to plan wisely to meet individual student needs.
16. To ensure that interventions are a plan of action based on RTI Pyramid.
17. To implement KYCID expectations and procedures to keep students safe, more free from being bullied, and better focused on academic studies.
GES SBDM Policies and By-Laws:
To view our SBDM Policies and By-Laws, please click here.
2016-2017 Comprehensive School Improvement Plan
To view our CSIP, please click here.