The Leader in Me
The 7 Habits
What is “Leader In Me”?
- A process that helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century.
- Uses Stephen Covey’s, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People model, tailored to children and teachers in an education setting. (See 7 Habits explanation below).
Why is it good for my children?
- Teaches skills needed to be successful in a global society like:
- Personal leadership – being accountable for actions and attitudes
- Initiative and self-discipline, making healthy choices
- Ability to work well with others, cross culturally and in teams
- Effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and creative thinking skills
- Inspires greater self-confidence with a belief that every child can be a “leader of their own life”, has unique talents and can make a difference.
What types of results are expected?
- Increased academic achievement and decline in discipline problems
- Increased student self confidence, improved social and life skills
- Increased student, teacher and parent satisfaction with their education
What are the 7 habits?