Dual Credit at Monroe County High School
Dual credit allows high school students to earn college credit at a much cheaper rate than traditional college classes, while getting the credits they need to graduate high school. Dual credit courses follw the college curriculum and college grading scale. (AP weighted scale)
Currently, MCHS offers dual credit with the following institutions:
- Campbellsville University
- Easter Kentucky University
- Murray State University
- South Central Kentucky Community and Technical College
- WKU (online)
When considering dual credit, please keep the following in mind.
- There is a fee required for all dual credit courses. (currently it is 1/3 of the KCTCS hourly rate).
- If a student fails a dual credit or regular MCHS class the 1st semester, he/she will not be allowed to take dual-credit classes the 2nd semester.
- Only classes that are listed on the student's MCHS schedule will appear on his/her high school transcript.
- Each institution (College or University) has their own specific requirements for admittance into their program. Please see the links to each university below for specific information.
Eastern Kentucky University
Murray State University
Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
Western Kentucky University
Other Important Information
MCHS Dual Credit Handbook
Dual Credit Scholarship
Kentucky Work Ready Scholarship for High School Students