Monroe Virtual Program (MVP) is a branch of Monroe County Schools working in conjunction with Falcon Academy. This program provides education in an alternative manner for students who seek non-traditional methods of obtaining an education becuase of an extenuating circumstance that would cause them not to be able to attend school during the regular school day (not medical homebound). The program will offer a variety of methods including: internet-based curriculum, as well as face-to-face opportunities for instruction and tutoring. MVP provides flexibility and may be of interest to students in a variety of situations.
Enrollment to MVP
· Students can be enrolled at any time during the year.
· Referrals will be made to Julie Nuckols at Monroe County Falcon Academy for intake meeting.
· Be prepared to provide a current transcript, birth certificate, copy of up-to-date immunization records, and social security card.
· Payment of fees are expected upon enrollment.
· Must NOT be behind on credits
· Must NOT have any truancy issues (past or present)
· Must BE on grade level & on track to graduate...must be College & Career Ready
· Forego involvement in KHSAA sports activities. May participate in any other extra-curricular activities
· Pay a $200.00 deposit per semester that will be refunded upon the successful completion of that course.
Students enrolled must agree to the following:
· Must have regular access to computer with internet connection (printer is not required but is recommended)
· Must maintain good attendance
· Submit/complete assignments on time/ahead of time
· Communicate weekly with instructor through website blog, texting, email, MVP facebook page, etc
· Student will log-on daily
· Participate in face-to-face with course facilitator for things such as—
o Study/review sessions
o State/National testing
o Midterm and Final exams
· Maximum course enrollment—5 per semester
· Existing credits earned from a non-public high school must be pre-approved. A placement exam may be required.
· An Individual Learning Plan (ILP) must be maintained by students.
· Students are required to complete all required state and national tests at testing site.
Graduation Requirements: To graduate from Monroe County School District, students must earn a minimum of 26 credits consisting of the following courses:
· 4 English Credits (I, II, III, IV)
· 4 Math Credits (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, Business Math)
· 3 Social Studies Credits (Econ/World Geog., Government & US History)
· 3 Science Credits (Integrated Science, Biology, Earth & Space Science)
· Health & PE Credit
· Fine Arts Credit (or 3 art credits)
· 10 Elective credits*
*Students who are on a college track need to complete two credits of a foreign language.